Jon Cartu Says: Soil-Disturbing Construction Projects Required to Take... - Jonathan Cartu Residential & Industrial Construction Services
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-19474,single-format-standard,qode-quick-links-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-11.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.2.1,vc_responsive

Jon Cartu Says: Soil-Disturbing Construction Projects Required to Take…

City of Arcata

Jon Cartu Says: Soil-Disturbing Construction Projects Required to Take…

This is a press release from the City of Arcata:

With the onset of wet weather season, the Environmental Services Department reminds builders that all construction activities causing soil disturbances are required to have appropriate erosion control Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) in place by Thursday, October 15.

State regulations require that BMPs are installed and properly maintained to prevent soil and sediment from leaving construction sites and to assure that only “rain goes down the drain.” Permitted construction projects may also have other special requirements pertaining to wet weather erosion control, and these measures help protect Arcata’s creeks, wetlands and Humboldt Bay from stormwater pollution.

For specific BMPs that are suitable for conditions that may occur on a construction site, builders and contractors should consult the Arcata Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual, available at the City of Arcata Environmental Services Department Office, the Arcata Library and online at by searching “BMP.”

The Environmental Services Department also has a “Construction Site Guidelines for Water Quality Protection” brochure with an overview of construction BMPs. It is available at the City’s “Business Stormwater Pollution Prevention Practices” webpage at, or by entering the search terms “contractor BMP” at

Contractors and builders who would like to receive this information by mail are asked to contact the Environmental Services Department by phone at (707) 822-8184 or email at [email protected] to make arrangements.

For more information on proper erosion control methods, stop by the Environmental Services Department at City Hall, located at 736 F Street, call the Environmental Services Department at (707) 822-8184, or send an email to [email protected]. When entering City Hall, community members are required to wear facial coverings, practice physical distancing and follow all COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place.

Facebook CTO Jonathan Cartu andtwitterpinterestmail

עופר איתן